Meeting Minutes

Meeting Minutes - Regular Meeting 12/20/11

Posted by Gayle Buske on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 Under: Minutes

Chief Ouray Gun Club

Meeting Minutes – REGULAR Meeting

12/20/11 6:30 pm

Location:  St. John’s Episcopal Church, Ouray

 

 

Meeting called to order at 6:45pm

 

Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Gayle Buske, Sue Williamson, Mike Fedel

 

Not present:  Mike Ardoin, Bob Cole

 

General members present:  Jim Buske, Stuart Middleton-White, Phil Passopulo, Robert Burns, John Tjossem

 

Non members present:  None

 

Minutes:  Minutes from 11/15/11 were approved with no changes.

 

President’s report by Bob Morss

1)      Discussed address change (from 21438 to 21758) with Atty Burns.  Turns out 21438 is correct so no change is needed

2)      Discussed MacCraiger’s burns at the range with Sheriff Mattivi.  As the club has been told by the county, the state, and both fire departments that we can NOT burn the building, it was determined at the last meeting that this had to be stopped or we risk trouble with the law.  Report has been filed with the sheriff’s department and Mattivi will be talking with MacCraiger and issuing a warning

3)      Discussed 501c(3) filing with Atty Burns.  It is a LOT of work and still doesn’t get us out of paying or filing taxes each year.  Issue was tabled for a later date.

4)      Discussed the need for the club to begin (or resume, they haven’t been done since MacCraiger took over as treasurer in about 2005) taxes.  Sue will talk to Parker McAbery, club member and CPA to see how the club can go about being “forgiven” for the last several years and how to move forward.  Will also ask him if he will do/help us with this.

 

Treasurer’s report by Sue Williamson – Current balance is $10,466.80. 

 

Bills:      $800 to True Grit Café for Women On Target lunches (approved unanimously)

 

Income:               $90 for new memberships

 

Treasurer’s report was accepted with no changes.

 

Reports of committees

 

Gun Show Committee Report (Gayle, Bob, Mike A, Jim, Dave)

 

a.       Further discussed whether or not to do a gun show again next year.  It was moved and passed that we suspend gun shows indefinitely

b.      Gayle will look up who paid for tables already and how much we owe them so we can refund

 

Gun show report was accepted

 

 

Membership Committee Report (Bob, Dave, Gayle, Jim, Mike A)

 

The Membership Committee has not met so there was nothing to report.

Committee will meet January 24th at 6:00pm at Buske residence.  The following to be discussed/done:

1)      Thank you letter and reminder to current members

2)      Accomplishments letter and please reup to those who lapsed this year

3)      Accomplishments letter and please reup to old membership lists

4)      As per vote made in November, a mailing will be done to the entire county in the spring, attempting to pick up more members.

5)      Include all upcoming dates for 2012 in mailing

6)      New membership cards design

7)      New flyer/sign up form design

 

Goals Committee Report  (Bob, Bob, Barbara, Gayle, Mike A, Jim, Mike F)

 

Goals Committee has not met so there was nothing to report.

Committee will meet January 10 at 6:00 at Buske residence.  The following to be discussed/done:

 

a.       Get rid of building – update – Morss will get track hoe up there this winter (March/May depending on weather) and begin demolishing the building.  Estimated cost $700 per dumpster and will need 3-4 dumpsters

b.      Mike Fedel to create master plan for range

c.       Budget for 2012

 

Goals committee report was accepted

 

Women On Target Committee Report (Gayle B, Mike A, Bob C, Bob M, Jim B, Gail J, Lisa D, Barbara C, Dave C, John Y)

 

WOT Committee has not met so there is no report.

Voted to hold 2012 WOT on either May 19 or May 5 depending on availability of 4H hall

 

                Special Shoot Committee Report (Bob Morss, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole, Jim, Mike F, Mike A)

 

                No meeting/no report

 

Unfinished Business

 

a)      Cancel gun show?  See above

b)      Fire at range.  See above

 

New Business

 

1.       Discussed Robert Ashmead hopping the fence at the range.  No action to be taken at this time.  Atty Burns advised that he could be charged with theft of services as well as trespassing if the club so chose to pursue.

2.       John Tjossem volunteered to head up putting on a kids shoot.  Passed.  He will try to get a date before the January 24 meeting of the membership committee so we can include that date in the letters to the county and membership.

 

Pending to-do items

 

1)      Finish rifle station (when we can) $1500 was approved at Sept 2011 meeting

2)      Revise SOPs

3)      Post lane rules on each lane at range (when we can)

4)      Weeds - ongoing

5)      Post signs on each lane noting what the lane is approved for (i.e. pistol only on north range, etc.)

6)      Put ribbon around post by road or put up a flag on same post

7)      Get longer chain for gate

8)      New gate – add to master plan

9)      Fix roof on trap house – add to master plan

 

Announcements

1)      No announcements

 

Adjournment:  Meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Gayle Buske, Secretary

In : Minutes 



Make a free website with Yola