Chief Ouray Gun Club
Meeting Minutes – REGULAR Meeting
5.15.12 6:30 pm
Location: Ouray Baptist Church, Ouray
Meeting called to order at 6:40pm
Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Gayle Buske, Mike Ardoin
Not present: Barbara Cole, Bob Cole, Mike Fedel
General members present: John Tjossem, Jim Buske
Non members present: None
Minutes: Minutes from 04.17.12 were approved with no changes.
President’s report by Bob Morss
1. Close to getting the trackhoe to the range to remove the building.
2. Talked to Susie Mayfield about the building removal and if it would affect our taxes. Will not.
Treasurer’s report by Barbara Cole—submitted by proxy
Account balance: $13,143.38
Bills: $50 to Lee and Suzanne Teague for hunter’s safety class (voted unanimously to pay)
Income: $315 in membership renewals, new memberships. Making new balance $13,408.38
Reports of committees
Membership Committee Report (Bob, Dave, Gayle, Jim, Mike A)
91 paid up memberships in, 95 possible yet to come in.
Membership committee report was accepted.
Goals Committee Report (Bob, Bob, Barbara, Gayle, Mike A, Jim, Mike F)
No meeting, no report
Women On Target Committee Report (Gayle B, Mike A, Bob C, Bob M, Jim B, Barbara C, Dave C, John Y)
1) WOT went well;
2) Good reports from all the attendees
3) Net $2,200.47 ($5200 was the original estimate). Had 48 women, not the 100 we were shooting for or the 150 we hoped for.
Special Shoot Committee Report (Bob Morss, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole, Jim, Mike F, Mike A)
No meeting/no report
Hunter’s Safety Committee Report (John Tjossem)
Nothing to report
1) New member Rob Polocz mentioned that the Montrose Gun Club has a youth program. There is a waiting list of 50+ kids. He sees opportunity for COGC to get kids (from Ouray AND Montrose counties) involved in the shooting sports here in Ouray County. Rob and John Tjossem will work together to research the idea and present a brief proposal at the next meeting. Rob has not shown up at a meeting since so this item is being removed until he shows up and brings it up again.
2) Parker and Aimee McAbery donating tax filing services for the gun club. Voted to approve them doing our taxes. Status: not started – Sue is getting close to finishing logging information from past years. There were several missing statements, which have been secured from Citizen’s and emailed to Sue. Need to get info over to McAbery’s so they can work on this.
3) Monster Gun Shoot was discussed. Too many problems. 1) can’t find property to hold it on, 2) concerns over special use permit. Board voted to forget about this shoot for now.
1) Rod Hodge—4H kids using range? Rod didn’t show up to the meeting. Removing this item until he shows up to present.
2) $1,000 pledge for building removal from Bumper Williams. Voted to request pledges from other members for the same.
Pending to-do items
1) Get rid of building. $3000 approved in 2012 budget to accomplish
2) Finish rifle station (when we can) $1500 was approved at Sept 2011 meeting
3) Revise SOPs
4) Post lane rules on each lane at range (done but needs to be done better)
5) Weeds - ongoing
6) Post signs on each lane noting what the lane is approved for (i.e. pistol only on north range, etc.)
7) New gate – add to master plan
8) Mike Fedel will try to get the range plan done
9) Sign for gate
1) COGC important dates for 2012
a. Range clean up/BBQ September 15
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.
Gayle Buske, Secretary
In : Minutes