Chief Ouray Gun Club
Goals Committee Meeting Minutes
01.13.11 6:30 pm
Location: Buske Residence
Meeting called to order at 6:35 pm
Committee members present Bob Morss, Mike Ardoin, Jim Buske, Gayle Buske
Minutes: Minutes from the previous meeting were approved with no changes.
1) Get rid of building – Bob will check with Ouray PD as Ridgway PD said no.
2) Get rid of the weeds – Bob has scraped all of the range lanes free of weeds
3) Measurements were obtained for the range several weeks ago by Jim, Gayle, Mike, and Bob when a field trip was taken to the range.
4) Several loads of road base to cover the rocks at the backs of the lanes has been brought in. Many thanks to Craig Hinkson and Bob Morss for the donation of their equipment to haul the dirt.
5) Clean up the range. Bob has cleaned up the entire range and freed it of hay bales, bottles, cans, scrap, etc.
1) Covered firing points on the lanes may be a bad idea. Will impede clean up
2) Need to use “Trex” decking for tops of shooting tables
3) Shooting tables need to be easily disassembled for range clean up
4) Need racks to put shooting stands on
5) Racks should be placed under the picnic table shelters once they are erected. Picnic table shelters need to be a little longer to accommodate shooting stand racks
6) Need to put gravel under picnic table pads
7) By laws of club need to be changed/redone. Problems:
a. Need purpose statement for the 501(c)3 filing
b. Directors/officers sections need to be changed
There were no announcements
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm.
Gayle Buske, Secretary
In : Minutes