Range Use For Instructors and Commercial Purposes
The Chief Ouray Gun Club welcomes instructors and their students to our range. All of the following conditions must be met by each instructor and his/her students BEFORE range use will be granted:
Prior to First Class and/or all Classes
- The instructor him/herself must become a member of the Chief Ouray Gun Club (one-time use registration and payment alone are not sufficient for instructors); AND
- Prior to the start of each class, which is to be held at the Chief Ouray Gun Club range, the instructor MUST submit his/her tentative class roster (first and last names of each student) to the Chief Ouray Gun Club Secretary; AND
- The instructor must offer each student the following options as to the students' use of the range and payment thereof:
- The student may opt to become a member of the Chief Ouray Gun Club (registration here), remitting the $45 yearly dues prior to the beginning of class, if they are not already a member. You, the instructor, will need to call the Club Secretary and ask her to check the roster to see if your students are members or not), OR;
- The student may opt to complete the Club's One-Time Range Use Application AND pay a $10 per day, range-use fee.
- Each instructor must carry current instructor's liability insurance and must name the Chief Ouray Gun Club as an additional insured. Said insurance certificate must be on file with the Chief Ouray Gun Club Secretary BEFORE the instructor will be permitted to utilize the range for instruction;
- Each instructor must file his/her class schedule with the Chief Ouray Gun Club Secretary before the class (in order that the club schedule can be checked and to reserve the range for the instructor). The Chief Ouray Gun Club reserves the right to refuse or block out certain dates, when the range is off-limits to instructors due to Club activities, prior reservation of the range by another party, or other restrictions. Range use and reservations are on a first come, first served basis;
- Instructors must provide a copy of their firearms instructor credentials to the Chief Ouray Gun Club Secretary prior to utilizing the range for instruction;
NOTE: The instructor is responsible for ensuring the Chief Ouray Gun Club receives a fee of $10 per day per student, for non-members who utilize the range for your class AND/OR ensuring that each student is a member-in-good-standing of the Chief Ouray Gun Club. If the student is a member of the Chief Ouray Gun Club, or wishes to join as a member prior to the start of class, the $10 range-use fee is waived and the $45 yearly membership dues apply;
- After each class, the instructor must submit his/her final student roster to the Club Secretary to be audited for final headcounts and range fees collected. The instructor is responsible for the range-use fee(s) for any student(s) who failed to make said payment to the Chief Ouray Gun Club;
- Instructor to student ratio maximum at the Chief Ouray Gun Club range is 1:10 (one instructor per 10 students);
- Instructor(s) must ensure that all range safety rules are followed at all times by all students and spectators;
- All students and spectators to the Chief Ouray Gun Club range MUST complete and agree to the Club's Single Use Application and Waiver prior to the class/use of the range (unless the subject is a dues-paying member of the Chief Ouray Gun Club).
- Instructor is responsible for each students' $10 range-use fee, for any that are not paid directly to the Chief Ouray Gun Club.
- Please contact the Club Secretary for more information or to set up as an instructor at the Chief Ouray Gun Club range.
The Chief Ouray Gun Club's Active / Approved Instructors
Gayle Buske, Master Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
© Copyright Chief Ouray Gun Club