Chief Ouray Gun Club
Amended Meeting Minutes – REGULAR Meeting
04.17.12 6:30 pm
Location: Ouray Baptist Church, Ouray
Meeting called to order at 6:42pm
Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Gayle Buske, Bob Cole, Mike Fedel
Not present: Barbara Cole
General members present: Stuart Middleton-White, John Tjossem, Phil Passopulo, Larry Coulter, Marc Ulasik, Jim Buske
Non members present: None
Minutes: Minutes from 3/20/12 were approved with no changes.
President’s report by Bob Morss
1. 3 loads of gravel have been delivered to the range as was approved at 3/20/12 meeting.
2. Close to getting the trackhoe to the range to remove the building.
Treasurer’s report by Barbara Cole – No official treasurer’s report as Barbara was out of town. Gayle guestimated based on last month’s balance and intake at this meeting that the club balance is about $12,070
Bills: $415.40 to Sako Excavating for gravel. Approved to pay unanimously
Income: About $2600 in membership renewals, new memberships and WOT registrations.
Reports of committees
Membership Committee Report (Bob, Dave, Gayle, Jim, Mike A)
56 paid up memberships in, 53 remaining to come in.
Membership committee report was accepted.
Goals Committee Report (Bob, Bob, Barbara, Gayle, Mike A, Jim, Mike F)
No meeting, no report
Women On Target Committee Report (Gayle B, Mike A, Bob C, Bob M, Jim B, Gail J, Lisa D, Barbara C, Dave C, John Y)
No meeting but the following has happened since the last meeting
1) Need a couple more volunteers;
2) Decided not to ask for or offer door prizes this year;
3) Press, Plaindealer, Watch, and Planet will all be running articles next week about WOT
4) We now have 32 registrations
Special Shoot Committee Report (Bob Morss, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole, Jim, Mike F, Mike A)
No meeting/no report
1) New member Rob Polocz mentioned that the Montrose Gun Club has a youth program. There is a waiting list of 50+ kids. He sees opportunity for COGC to get kids (from Ouray AND Montrose counties) involved in the shooting sports here in Ouray County. Rob and John Tjossem will work together to research the idea and present a brief proposal at the next meeting.
2) Kid’s shoot – John Tjossem
a. About 22 registrations
b. Mike is shuttling to and from range
c. Instructors are up to date
d. Steve Hill assisting that day
3) Parker and Aimee McAbery donating tax filing services for the gun club. Voted to approve them doing our taxes. Status: not started – Sue is getting close to finishing logging information from past years. There were several missing statements, which have been secured from Citizen’s and emailed to Sue.
4) Building on property – will attempt to remove when Bob is able to move the equipment to the range.
5) Mike Fedel will try to get the range plan done after the range clean up on April 21
6) Sign for gate – costs? – Has not been priced out yet
In : Minutes