Meeting Minutes – REGULAR Meeting
09.18.12 6:30 pm
Location: Ouray Baptist Church, Ouray
Meeting called to order at 6:50pm
Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Gayle Buske, Mike Ardoin, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole
Not present: Mike Fedel
General members present: Jim Buske, Stuart Middleton-White, Rick Colpitts, John Tjossem, Robert McGowan
Non members present: John Holderman
Minutes: Minutes from 08.21.12 were approved with no changes.
President’s report by Bob Morss
1. Track hoe will be moved up to range in November with the intent of tearing down the building also in November.
2. Many thanks to everyone for their hard work on cleaning up the range, putting up more permanent targets, the building of the rifle station and stairs, etc.
Treasurer’s report by Barbara Cole
Account balance: $10,911.98
Bills: $8.98 for screws for the range(voted unanimously to pay)
Income: $82.00 in membership renewals, new memberships. Making new balance $10,985.00
Treasurer’s report accepted.
Reports of committees
Membership Committee Report (Bob, Dave, Gayle, Jim, Mike A)
No meeting, no report
Goals Committee Report (Bob, Bob, Barbara, Gayle, Mike A, Jim, Mike F)
No meeting, no report
Women On Target Committee Report (Gayle B, Mike A, Bob C, Bob M, Jim B, Barbara C, Dave C, John Y)
No meeting, no report
Special Shoot Committee Report (Bob Morss, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole, Jim, Mike F, Mike A)
No meeting/no report
Hunter’s Safety Committee Report (John Tjossem)
Nothing to report
a. Parker and Aimee McAbery donating tax filing services for the gun club. Voted to approve them doing our taxes. Status: McAbery doesn’t want the paperwork until January. Barbara has it on her calendar to do at that time.
b. Building on property – will attempt to remove in November
c. Rifle station finish work—needs:
ii. Cover for rifle station
d. Marty Flowers—4H kids use of range? (Gayle)
i. Liability waivers from parents;
ii. Clean up after use;
iii. Kids assist with range events (i.e. clean up days, WOT, shoots, etc.)
iv. Why expelled from Montrose range?
v. Parents members of club?
vi. Student to instructor ratio;
vii. From Rod via email: “You will have to ask them the only reason they gave us was safety somebody was shooting behind the line of fire witch was wrong never happened. The only thing we could figer out was we had more kids than they do. Marty can tell you the same thing. We were told by others gun club members that they are losing kids and we are growing. I will get the waivers signed before they shoot think you.”
viii. Gayle will sit down with Marty this winter to discuss all aspects and come up with a plan to present to the board. Marty will be heading this up as opposed to Rod Hodge.
i. due to the difficulties and red tape involved, the idea of a raffle was voted scrapped.
ii. We may have another option for a place to hold the Monster Gun Extravaganza. Gayle will check on this later in November.
f. Pete’s memorial gun. Barbara located the gun and it is safe. Needs to be engraved. Membership voted unanimously to engrave whatever Bob wanted on the gun. Bob will let us know and we will finish with the rifle and get it back into the gun club’s collection.
1) Sheriff’s used range for qualifying two weeks ago. Bob will talk to Dan Fossey about their usual payment of road base for the range.
2) Rod Hodge, member and former officer had a heart attack last week. He is in everyone’s thoughts and prayers.
3) Junior Mattivi telling people to shoot outside the range gates if they aren’t a member. Will mention to Junior when anyone sees him and ask him to tell them to come to us for a membership.
4) Ron Avery teaching activities: the club has no insurance on file for him, no instructor’s credentials and we have not received range fees for the people he has brought to the range. Several members have seen him at the range with several groups of varying sizes. Membership voted to send a letter to him outlining the procedures and consequences if the procedures aren’t followed. Gayle will write and send the letter.
5) Robert McGowan has about 1000 feet of drill pipe that he’d like to donate to the gun club. Ideas included using it to build shooting benches, hand rails and target stands. Robert will look at the range and come up with better ideas to be presented at the October meeting. The club is grateful for his generous offer and donation.
Pending to-do items
1) Get rid of building. $3000 approved in 2012 budget to accomplish
2) Finish rifle station $1500 was approved at Sept 2011 meeting
b. Cover for rifle station
3) Revise SOPs
4) Weeds - ongoing
5) Post signs on each lane noting what the lane is approved for (i.e. pistol only on north range, etc.)
6) New gate – add to master plan
7) Mike Fedel will try to get the range plan done
8) Sign for gate
9) Web cams for range (x4): gate, each range lane
1) COGC important dates for 2012
a. Informal range party on November 5 beginning at 5:00. BBQ and beer—no shooting. This is to prevent any burning of the building on Guy Falkes day.
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.
Gayle Buske, Secretary
In : Minutes