Chief Ouray Gun Club
Meeting Minutes – REGULAR Meeting
09/20/11 6:30 pm
Location: St. John’s Episcopal Church, Ouray
Meeting called to order at 6:35pm
Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Gayle Buske, Bob Cole, Mike Ardoin, Mike Fedel, Sue Williamson
Not present: None
General members present: Jim Buske, Barbara Cole, Stuart Middleton-White
Non members present: None
Minutes: Minutes from 8/16/11 were approved with no changes.
President’s report by Bob Morss – nothing new to report now
Treasurer’s report by Sue Williamson – Current balance is $3,037.14.
Bills: no new bills.
Income: $460 taken in this meeting for memberships plus a $100 donation.
Treasurer’s report was accepted with no corrections.
Reports of committees
2011 Gun Show Committee Report
· Food update for gun show. Ryan at Best Western doesn’t have anyone available to staff the show for serving but he can make the food and the club can buy it and sell it. Can sell food to us for $100 - $150/day. Last year he did about 50 meals per day. That comes to about $3/meal, our cost. We can sell for a markup. Moved and passed that we go with this option. Also moved and passed that we buy coffee from the 4H center and sell this as well.
· Discussed the flyer hanging done by Phil Passopulo in Naturita, Nucla, Norwood, Placerville, Hotchkiss, Paonia, Cedaredge. Need to compensate Phil for the work. $200 was moved and passed. Sue wrote check to Phil for $200. Gayle delivered check.
· Dick Frantz is on vacation until the 26th.
· His office was contacted last week – we have 47 tables sold and 14 remaining to sell.
· Insurance for the show has been purchased.
· A couple more volunteers are needed for Saturday and Sunday of the gun show
· We need to talk to Dick about tables – do we need to borrow any? Check on Friday of the show
· Need a donation jar to set on the registration table and salt it with some cash
WOT report was accepted
Membership Committee Report
The Membership Committee has not met so there was nothing to report.
Goals Committee Report
The Goals Committee has not met so there was nothing to report.
Women On Target Committee Report
1) WOT was a HUGE success with 100 women coming to shoot
2) Final report was sent to the NRA the week after the shoot
3) $2,800 remains in the account
a. Barbara Cole will look into closing the account and moving the funds over to the general club fund
4) Everyone is looking forward to next year
WOT report was accepted
Trap Shoot Committee Report
· Trap shoot committee is being renamed to the “special shoot committee”
· Idea was floated to do a mini “Top Shot” (like the TV show) for the COGC. Would be on a smaller scale. Initial ideas:
o Whomever is on committee and helps set up and design the shoot cannot compete
o Allow only 50 shooters and charge a $100 entry fee
o Final winner gets half the entry fees we take
o Spring may be a good time to do this type of shoot
· Over winter the committee needs to work on the shoot
a. Update on building at range – there is no update
b. Rifle station at range. $1,500 was requested to finish the station. Moved to accept and approved.
1) Pending to-do items
a. Special Shoot Committee – mini Top Shot
b. Sign in box at range (when we can)
c. Finish rifle station (when we can) $1,500 approved for this at the 9/20/11 meeting
d. 501(c)3 filing (winter)
e. SOP revisions (winter)
i. Muzzle down
f. Revise bylaws (winter)
g. Ask Robert Burns to change our addresses with the state to PO Box 1402 and 21758 Hwy 550 (when he can)
h. E&O insurance (winter)
i. Post lane rules on each lane at range (when we can)
1) Gun show October 1 and 2
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:50pm.
Gayle Buske, Secretary
In : Minutes