Chief Ouray Gun Club
Meeting Minutes – REGULAR Meeting
01.17.12 6:30 pm
Location: St. John’s Episcopal Church, Ouray
Meeting called to order at 6:50pm
Regular club officers present Bob Morss, Dave Coleman, Gayle Buske, Sue Williamson, Mike Ardoin, Bob Cole
Not present: Mike Fedel
General members present: Jim Buske, Stuart Middleton-White, John Tjossem, Dean Nafuger, Barbara Cole
Non members present: None
Minutes: Minutes from 12/20/11 were approved with no changes.
President’s report by Bob Morss
Nothing to report
Treasurer’s report by Sue Williamson – Current balance is $9,756.80.
Income: $90 for new memberships
Treasurer’s report was accepted with no changes.
Reports of committees
Membership Committee Report (Bob, Dave, Gayle, Jim, Mike A)
The Membership Committee has not met so there was nothing to report.
Committee will meet January 24th at 6:00pm at Buske residence. The following to be discussed/done:
1) Thank you letter and reminder to current members
2) Accomplishments letter and please reup to those who lapsed this year
3) Accomplishments letter and please reup to old membership lists
4) As per vote made in November, a mailing will be done to the entire county in the spring, attempting to pick up more members.
5) Include all upcoming dates for 2012 in mailing
6) New membership cards design
7) New flyer/sign up form design
Goals Committee Report (Bob, Bob, Barbara, Gayle, Mike A, Jim, Mike F)
See Goals Committee Minutes as previously published for 01.10.12
Goals committee report was accepted
Women On Target Committee Report (Gayle B, Mike A, Bob C, Bob M, Jim B, Gail J, Lisa D, Barbara C, Dave C, John Y)
WOT Committee has not met so there is no report.
Committee meets January 31 at Buske residence at 6:00pm
Special Shoot Committee Report (Bob Morss, Bob Cole, Barbara Cole, Jim, Mike F, Mike A)
No meeting/no report
1) Kid’s shoot – John Tjossem
a. Hunter’s Safety scheduled for April 21, 22
b. In light of the anti-gun crowd of Ouray getting the Buske’s kicked out of the Biota building by landlord Ben Lockard, Tjossem is looking for an alternate location for Hunter’s Safety. Checking into the community center in Ridgway, among other places.
c. Need a few people to transport kids to the range for the range time – Mike Ardoin volunteered along with several others.
d. Bob asked Tjossem to come up with a budget and expenses for the class.
e. This will be a class for adults and kids alike – rather than just kids.
2) Approved payment to David Sherill $40 for gun show table refund
3) Approved payment to Richard Nordby $84 for gun show table refund
4) 4H Hall reserved for May 5 for WOT
5) Parker and Aimee McAbery donating tax filing services for the gun club. Voted to approve them doing our taxes.
1. Memberships good through March 31, 2013 if they join now? This was voted and approved.
2. Drop chamber memberships? Voted and approved that we will not renew with the chambers.
3. $100 for materials to create new sign for gate. This item was tabled, while Jim Buske researches costs and alternate materials.
4. Review and approve budget for 2012. Budget was voted and approved as previously printed.
5. COGC Monster Gun Extravaganza. This was tabled pending more information on location and feedback from club members and the general public.
6. Moved and passed that we give Robert Burns (attorney for the club) and Parker and Aimee McAbery (accountants for the club) free memberships for the year.
Pending to-do items
1) Get rid of building. $3000 approved in 2012 budget to accomplish
2) Finish rifle station (when we can) $1500 was approved at Sept 2011 meeting
3) Revise SOPs
4) Post lane rules on each lane at range (when we can)
5) Weeds - ongoing
6) Post signs on each lane noting what the lane is approved for (i.e. pistol only on north range, etc.)
7) Put ribbon around post by road or put up a flag on same post
8) Get longer chain for gate
9) New gate – add to master plan
10) Fix roof on trap house – add to master plan
1) No announcements
2) COGC important dates for 2012
a. Membership renewals due April 1
b. Hunter’s Safety (open to all) April 21 and 22
c. Officer elections/range clean up/BBQ April 28
d. Women On Target May 5
e. COCG Monster Gun Extravaganza August 25
f. Range clean up/BBQ September 15
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:50pm.
Gayle Buske, Secretary
In : Minutes