Chief Ouray Gun Club
Meeting Minutes – Regular Meeting
01/17/11 6:30 pm
Location: Silver Nugget Café
Meeting called to order at 6:33pm
Regular club officers present Craig MacCraiger, Bob Morss, Michael Ardoin, Gayle Buske, Dave Coleman, Ira Knutson
General members present: Barbara Cole, Bob Cole, Jim Buske, Lawrence Carlock, Glenda Young, John Young, John Moss, Linda Moss, Sue Williamson, Colleen Hollenbeck
Non members present: none
Minutes: Minutes from 12/6/10 were accepted with the following change(s):
1) The Membership Committee meeting minutes were approved.
2) It was voted that we drop pursuit of the special use permit
Special business: MacCraiger requested shorter meeting minutes and that minutes from committees be attached rather than incorporated with the minutes.
President’s report by Bob Morss – Lots of work has been done at the range. Cleaning and hauling in of dirt, which is to be paid for by the WOT grant money.
Treasurer’s report by Craig MacCraiger – Gun club balance is $4,,696.84.
Bills: Since the last meeting the Ridgway Chamber was paid for membership, electric bill was paid.
Gayle submitted receipts totaling $215.90 for the directors membership kits. Motion to approve payment carried.
Bob stated we will owe approximately $308 - $309 for the concrete for the rifle station. This will ultimately come out of the WOT budget as well but the club must pay it in the meantime and the WOT committee will reimburse the COGC.
Income: None other than membership dues for the new members listed below.
The following new members have been added since the last meeting:
1) James Link ($45 received)
2) Randy Stenko ($45 received)
3) Denny Behrens ($45 received)
Reports of committees
2011 Gun Show Committee Report
Committee has not met so there was no report or discussion.
Gun Show Committee meeting is set for January 24
Goals Committee Report
The Goals Committee has added the following to its task list:
1) Organize work days
Membership Committee Report
The Membership Committee has added the following to its task list:
1) Determine how to handle groups (especially non-profits)
2) Discuss membership survey
3) Next membership meeting set for February 10
Women On Target Committee Report
1) It was decided that the WOT committee will have discretion over the allocation of the WOT grant funds without control by the board. Budget will be submitted to the board for review. Any changes to budget will be submitted to the board for review.
2) Board approved opening of a bank account specifically and only for the WOT event and corresponding grant money
3) Glenda was approved as treasurer for the WOT funds/event
4) Next WOT committee meeting set for February 11
a. SOPs were approved in executive committee meeting post general meeting.
There was no new business.
There were no announcements.
Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.
Gayle Buske, Secretary
In : Minutes